Mr. Somers has been involved with real estate and property management since 1981 and has served as President of PMI since 2004. In 2018, he was appointed CEO.
His professional experience includes commercial and residential facility management and development, contract negotiation and administration, budget preparation and financial reporting, personnel development and supervision. As President, Mr. Somers is responsible for all management and service delivery operations including the direction of an executive staff that is responsible for approximately 250 employees; the management of over 4,500 units of residential housing in Illinois and Iowa; and over 2,000,000 square feet of commercial office space valued in excess of a quarter of a billion dollars.
Mr. Somers also directs Business Cleaning Corporation, a janitorial service company related to commercial management. He additionally provides support to an active acquisitions team and is involved in brokerage transactions for the company. Throughout his years with PMI, his accomplishments include the following:
- Preparation and implementation of budgets exceeding $60,000,000 of operating income.
- Administration of revenues of over $60,000,000.
- Successful lease negotiations and tenant relations with national commercial tenants including, Xerox, Sprint, Walgreens and Caterpillar, in addition to regional tenants such as the State of Illinois, the Illinois State Medical Society and the Illinois Association of Realtors.
- Negotiations for the acquisition of millions of dollars in real estate.
- Union contract negotiations with the Operating Engineers and the Service Employees International.
- Design, development and execution of management and maintenance systems for residential, office, retail, warehouse and detention facilities.
Mr. Somers holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Illinois State University. He is a long-time member of the Sangamon County Board of Review and Sangamon County Zoning Board of Appeals. He is a licensed Real Estate Managing Broker with the State of Illinois.